Orange County Chairman Richard Crotty started a youth initiative, The Club for kids ages 5 to 19 that will offer a wide array of recreational opportunities. The objective of the organization is to provide Orange County’s young people with the resources to make positive choices that lead to successful futures.
HILLTOP community outreach program
They purchased 20 Magic season tickets to be given to local charities. At each game, charity’s guests will be seated in the HILLTOP section. They also purchased 20 Miracle season tickets to be given to local charities.
Heart of Florida United Way
Donated funds to United Way to support a variety of health and human service programs that touch and improve the lives of central Florida’s youth, seniors, families and the community.
Stay in School Program
Joined with the Orlando Magic to attend stay in school lunches to talk with 25 middle school students about the importance of maintaining the three A’s: Attitude, Achievement and Attendance.
- Spoke to more than 700 students at a local elementary school regarding National Sportsmanship Day and the importance of good sportsmanship both on and off the court and fair play.
- Participated in reading to kids for NBA reading month and family night book fairs in March.
- Spoke to Boys Scouts after a Magic game to motivate them and help them set goals.
- Spoke to the Magic fans after a Magic game for Faith and Family night to discuss his faith and how it has impacted his life.
- Interacted with senior citizens by visiting them and participating in games.
Filmed a television and radio PSA for United Arts to support the arts community in Orlando.
Habitat for Humanity – Orlando
They assisted in rebuilding Orlando’s community by joining with the Habitat for Humanity to build two homes, “The Grant and Tamia Hill House”, for a responsible low-income family.
The Grant Hill Achiever Scholarships
The purpose of the Grant Hill Achiever Scholarship is to assist students from the Orlando area in pursuit of an undergraduate education. These scholarships are available to Orlando Public High School students located in surrounding counties. Grant awarded 3 scholarships in 2001.